- Over 2,700 excerpts from Jefferson’s writings arranged under 56 subjects provide a complete outline of Jefferson’s political philosophy and explain the founding principles of American self-government.
The Jefferson Bible: The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth
Extracted Textually from the Gospels
- Jefferson’s compilation of the moral philosophy of Jesus.
- A completely revised and corrected edition of B. L. Rayner’s biography, published originally in 1834, that emphasizes the role of republican principles in Jefferson’s life and thought. It contains many excerpts from Jefferson’s writings, as well as anecdotes taken from the writings of those who knew Jefferson.
- A collection of about 350 of the most popular quotations selected from the much larger collection at
- The quotes in this collection are especially useful for writing and speaking, and visitors are encouraged to download them for their own use. The quotes are contained in six easily downloaded files.
- A complete copy of Jefferson’s Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom in the State of Virginia, with a comparison to the Act as passed by the Virginia Legislature.
- Commentary on today’s social and political issues based on the writings of Thomas Jefferson. 50+ essays that critique national policies from the perspective of this nation’s founding principles.
- Seven essays on the philosophy of Ayn Rand that examine in detail the fundamental differences between Rand’s philosophy and the political philosophy of Jefferson and the Founding Fathers.
- An open forum for discussions on the history of conscience and ethics with especial reference to the Jefferson Bible.
- Essays on capitalism and world finance that include a Jeffersonian viewpoint.
- Hundreds of questions sent in by visitors to the above websites, with answers by the editor.
- An open forum for discussions on topics related to Thomas Jefferson including, but not limited to, the Sally Hemings controversy.