Would Detroit be a thriving city if:
– We didn’t have a federal government that artificially inflates the price if drugs making it an easy and attractive way to make money in poor areas?
– We didn’t have to staff and fund law enforcement efforts at this size and scale to combat drugs?
– We didn’t have to incarcerate nonviolent offenders that cost taxpayers $25k to $50k a year?
– We didn’t see the violent destruction of families, neighborhoods and lives for nonviolent criminal offenses?
– The drug trade weren’t the only viable economic means in depressed neighborhoods because of the cycle created by violence